Saturday, April 10, 2010

Some Heavy Thinking

So I've been doing bits of thinking off an don over the past couple of weeks.

...yes... this is quite dangerous, I know...

Part of my thoughts drift to tabletop gaming. While I have never actually billed myself as a GM of any sort, I am actually thinking about giving it a shot. The problem(s) that I am having are with what I want to run and with what game mechanic. I have several game systems and settings, some of which are malleable enough that I can create my own settings instead of having to use (and then modify) a default setting.

The questions for me are what do I want to run: Fantasy or Sci-Fi. I can do either, the question is which one can I get players for? That one's usually the hard one right there. Getting players and drumming up interest. This is easier said than done, let me tell you... and it is even harder to maintain interest once you get things started.

Other thoughts drift towards doing a webcomic. This suffers a similar problem as me wanting to run a game in that I would have to have a story and characters that people would actually want to read about. Another problem that I have is a matter of getting things done. I am reasonably confident that I could do parts of the art and/or writing but not all of it. I would want someone to collaborate with in this, and the problem with that is finding folks who have the time or are willing to ignore their ideas while they help me work on mine, integrate their ideas with mine, allow me integrate my ideas with their stuff...or some combination thereof.

Impossible? Hardly. Likely...that's a good bloody question that I don't have an answer to. Maybe I will figure it out, maybe I won't...at the moment I am more or less putting my thoughts onto paper (ok, not really, but close enough in this case).

No comments:

Post a Comment